Fighting for Upstate’s Fair Share
For too long, upstate New York residents have not received the same resources or support downstate New York residents. Joe Robach has led the fight to help bring regional balance and parity to upstate residents and families.
- Advocated for transportation funding parity in the State Budget, resulting in $27.1 billion in state aid for statewide road, bridge and transportation infrastructure improvement projects.
- Voted for three straight years of record investments in the state’s Consolidated Local Street and Highway Improvement Program (CHIPs) to help local governments fund local road and bridge projects. This funding not only helps improve driver safety, it helps create good paying construction jobs for the hard working men and women of our state.
Expanding Business and Economic Development
Small businesses are the backbone of our state and our economy, and serve as the largest job providers for those who live in our communities. We need to support employers by doing all we can to help them remain here and grow, as well as attract others to locate here. Joe Robach will continue to support job creating opportunities for local businesses and initiatives to help attract new business to our community.
- Has worked actively to expand economic development opportunities in the Greater Rochester Community as a member of the Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council.
- Voted for the new Personal Income Tax Cut, which will total approximately $4.2 billion and will reduce taxes for thousands of businesses across New York.
- Successfully fought back against the Governor’s statewide $15 minimum wage proposal, which would have hurt thousands of Upstate businesses.
- Supported investments in job training and workforce development initiatives to help people enhance their job skills, helping open the door for new opportunities for thousands of New Yorkers.